St. Vincent and the Grenadines are islands located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. They are found north of Trinidad and Tobago.
Ethnic Groups: African descent (81.2%), Mixed (23%), Indigenous (3%), East Indian/Indian (1.1%), European (1.5%), Other 0.2%)
Languages: English, Vincent Creole English, French Patois
Religions: Protestant (75%), Roman Catholic (6.3%), Rastafarian (1.1%), Jehovah’s Witness (0.8%), Other (4.7%), None (7.5%), Unspecified (4.7%)
CIA: The World Factbook — Last Updated December 27, 2019
Grenadians in Canada
Grenadian Population in Canada
St. Vincent and the Grenadines became independent in 1979. St. Vincent is covered in banana plantations; the economy relies heavily on banana production. The Grenadines rely more on tourism. There is a lot of poverty in the country due to high unemployment. There is complete freedom of religion; most of the population identifies as Christian.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/saint-vincent-and-the-grenadines/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/St-Vincent-and-the-Grenadines.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_vc.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/saint-vincent-and-the-grenadines.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement