Liberia is found in the west coastline of the African continent. Liberia shares borders with the North Atlantic Ocean to the west, Sierra Leone and Guinea to the north, and Cote d’Ivoire to the east. Liberia is very close to the equator and has a hot, humid climate.
Population: 4.810 million
Ethnic Groups: Kpelle (20.3%), Bassa (13.4%), Grebo (10%), Gio (8%), Mano (7.9%), Kru (6%), Lorma (5.1%), Kissi (4.8%), Gola (4.4%), Other (20.1%)
Languages: English (Official) (20%), 20 ethnic group languages
Religion: Christian (85.6%), Muslim (12.2%), Traditional (0.6%), Other (0.2%), None (1.4%)
CIA: The World Factbook — Last Updated December 27, 2019
Liberians in Canada
Liberian Population in Canada
Past conflicts have been damaging to Liberia’s economy and infrastructure, and poverty is an issue that must be tackled. However, there is reason for optimism as Liberia is blessed with abundant natural resources, and peace and stability seem to have arrived for the longer term. Liberia was founded as a Christian state, so it is unsurprising that most of the population identifies as Christian.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 9). The World Factbook: Liberia. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/liberia/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Liberia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Indonesia-to-Mongolia/Liberia.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Liberia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_lr.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Liberia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/liberia.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF