Australia is the world’s sixth largest country. It is also the smallest continent in the world. Australia is found southeast of Asia, between the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean. It is not bounded by any other nations.
Population: 23.470 million
Ethnic Groups: English (25.9%), Australian (25.4%), Irish (7.5%), Scottish (6.4%), Italian (3.3%), German (3.2%), Chinese (3.1%), Indian (1.4%), Greek (1.4%), Dutch (1.2%), Other (15.8%), Unspecified (5.4%)
Languages: English (72.7%), Mandarin (2.5%), Arabic (1.4%), Cantonese (1.2%), Vietnamese (1.2%), Italian (1.2%), Greek (1.0%), Other (14.8%), Unspecified (6.5%)
Religions: Protestant (23.1%), Roman Catholic (22.6%), Other Christian (4.2%), Muslim (2.6%), Buddhist (2.4%), Orthodox (2.3%), Hindu (1.9%), Other (1.3%), None (30.1%), Unspecified (9.6%)
CIA: The World Factbook — Last Updated December 29, 2019
Australians in Canada
Australian Population in Canada
Australia’s six self-governing colonies remained separate until 1901, when they formed the Commonwealth of Australia. Australia has traditionally been considered a Christian nation with religious liberty.However, the arrival of non-Christian immigrants, combined with an increasing number of Australians who claim no religion, have contributed to the increasingly secular nature of Australia. Still, Australia is generally considered a Christian country, and Christian holidays such as Christmas and Easter are widely celebrated.
- Anglo Australians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 49-54). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Australia. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/australia/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Australia – History. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Australia-HISTORY.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Australia – Location, size, and extent. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Australia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/cu…
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Australia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_au.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Australia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/australia.html
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objTy…